Military Discounts | Online Degrees

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!: Lets just get this out out the way: the MilitarySpot forums are closing!

We've been thinking about this for some time now and finally decided to shut down the forums. We want to make sure everyone has time to get any content from the forums that they'd like, contact any members you want to keep in touch with or even start your own forum and continue there.

We are going to keep the forums up for another 3 months. They will be closed for good on April 30th, 2017.

We truly appreciate everyone who has participated in the forums over the years!

MilitarySpot.com    Military Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Service Discussions  Hop To Forums  Joining the Military    Foreign Credentials
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foreign Credentials
 Login/Join

Private

posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hi I am planning to enlist with the marines soon, and since I had my education in another country I have to get my credentials evaluated first. I already have my high school credentials which is the basic requirement to enlist. I could now go have it evaluated so I can start the process and take my asvab and all that and soon be on the waiting list for basic training. But the thing is I also did some college back there in my country, I am on my junior year actually, so my question is, Will enlisiting with my college credentials(undergraduate) be different if I enlisted with only my high school credentials? Like rank wise etc. Cause the thing is I still have to pay for those college credentials, so if ot wouldnt make any difference then I wouldn't bother getting it since its going to be a wate of time and money. Thank you and GOD bless!

Au
General

Picture of thegunny
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
It looks like you meet the minimum educational requirement to join. Education does not equate to rank. Rank will be earned during your time in the service. The college only matters if you HAVE the degree already and are going to be an officer. It is a requirement to have the bachelors degree at minimum for Officer Candidate School (OCS)

Always speak to the Marine Recruiter for any questions such as this to get the current requirements. Remember, it has been decades since many of us in here served. (I did my twenty, but got out in 1994. Things do change with time. )

SEMPER FI
The Gunny

Dear Lord
So far today, God, I've done alright
I haven't gossiped
I haven't lost my temper
I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or even over-indulgent.
I'm really glad about that.

But in the next few minutes, God,
I'm going to get out of bed,
AND from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot of your help.

AMEN.....

"I don't have a problem with God, it's his Fan Club I can't stand".

(my mind has chewed though the leash again and is on the loose!)
Private

posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Thank you for the info sir! Thats was very helpful. I willl go to the evaluation center tomorrow to haveit processed so I can begin soon. GOD bless you
SEMPER FI

Au